Friday, February 3, 2012

So tired

The 2nd week from Hades is almost over. I have a budget meeting with my booster pres in the A.M. and a Chili cook off at my good friend, Josh Cvasdfasdijasfnmaishdfanwoierniandicnoawierfoiaehs' (that's actually not that far off) school in the afternoon. Then rest on Sunday. Next week is actually relatively low key, with just rehearsals.

The car - We're getting closer to getting a car (maybe). We consolidated our grad school loans and re-figured our budget. There are a few cars within driving distance that are REALLY good prices, but we'd have to move fast. Keep watch for an update.



Dear readers, I'm so tired. Physically, mentally, emotionally. I just need to do something else, I think. I know that any classroom, middle or high, is going to have it's own difficulties and frustrations, but high school has soooooo many activities outside of the classroom. There is never any downtime. Even in the summer, I'm planning or writing music, or meeting with staff for the show, or meeting with students to discuss marching. I don't know if I want to be a good band director and a neglecting father. Addison is getting older and smarter every day and I fear that very soon she is going to react to me not being around as much as I should.  She walked up to me yesterday and said "Daddy" (with inflection in her voice as if to ask me a question, mind you) and pointed to her mouth to indicate she was hungry. WTF! If she can do that at 14 months, then what then at 18 months when I'm at rehearsal 2 days a week until 9 and Saturday competitions, and Monday night booster meetings and Wednesday night board meetings, and weekend planning for the winter season meetings, and taking students to honor bands 200 miles away...(that was a terrible excuse for the use of a comma, sorry)

I've heard rumors of multiple openings in the middle school area. Some close, others within driving distance, but not really close. The aforementioned (yes, I do know big words) schools are in a school district that use to be amazing but has been ravaged with some type of controversy and isn't what it used to be. I've heard it'd not be a dream job. The closer ones are just rumors or if the current director can find another job. I LOVE working with my kids and it really is a joy to go to WORK during WORK hours, but there are so many other aspects of this job that I don't get paid for or, at the very least, get recognition for. I knew what I was getting myself into when I took the job, but it's very difficult pouring your life into something and no one noticing and, a lot of the times, people bitching about something I'm doing wrong (almost always an adult). I knew that I wouldn't get recognition and I'm not asking for a reward or big banner or anything, but an even ratio of "you suck" to "thank you for what you do" would be nice. Instead it's a 1thank you:10 you suck. I also wasn't planning on having a baby for another few years, at which point I would have felt more comfortable leaving my current position and taking over a middle school.

Then I look at guys like this. What am I doing wrong if he can pull of everything that he does? I know he has multiple directors, but look at what he's in charge of and he has two kids!

I know it's been a while since I posted and that I am behind on my verses, but I'll catch up and post about it soon. I just needed to put that into words. It's been laying heavily on me this week. Until next time, dear readers...






Saw this online today and had to update: http://news.yahoo.com/see-nano-quadcopter-robots-swarm--video-.html - refer to my earlier blog post to understand the reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment