Monday, February 6, 2012

New Car?


Not exactly. If you've been keeping up, you have read that Kat and I have some graduate school loans that we have to start paying, now that we have graduated. We decided that it would make things easier (not necessarily cheaper in the long run, gotta love those interest rates) to consolidate our loans and get a lower monthly payment. Sounds like a cool plan. Well, I called the company that does the consolidation on Friday and the application Kat filled out wasn't even registering in the system. The woman finally found it and said that it usually takes 5 days to register. Cool 5 days... Then 60-90 days for the company to contact all the loan holders and see if they are willing to give up the loans to this company to consolidate. Then another 30-40 days for the consolidation company to get back to us. The woman said that the wait time is usually cut in half but our best case scenario was mid March. 

That being the case, our loans come out of deferment next month and they are not consolidated. Therefore, no new car. So what's this Red Beast in our driveway?!?

My dad agreed to let me hold on to his Blazer until our loans were consolidated and we were ready to get back in the market for a new car. Only having one car problem, solved. It drives really well, it just gets worse MPG than the Ford does. At least we'll get a taste of what it's like to pay for gas in two vehicles. 

Asheboro Runners 5K

Last year I did a 5K in April. It was the first 5K that wasn't a mud run that I had done since high school. I had an enjoyable time (as much as one can) running the race and decided to do it again this year. If you are interested in running with me, let me know and I'll get you the link to register. Below is a picture of the start line from last year. See if you can spot me (hint: I'm near the front, not looking at the camera).




Until next time, dear readers...

Short shorts and all!




No comments:

Post a Comment