Friday, March 16, 2012

Fantastabulistic Friday

CDL

I've been gone all week from school doing the driving portion of my CDL (Commercial Drivers License) so I can drive an activity bus for Randolph County Schools. I passed with flying colors. I was done every day around 11am, but since I had a sub and I was paying for them to be in my classroom, I figured I would run some errands and do a little cleaning around the house before I went back to school to run and pick up Kat. I must say, it was very nice to be mowing the lawn at 11:30 in the morning on a Wednesday in March.



Gig

This past Sunday, Kat had a gig at a friends church playing her oboe. Our friend (also has a blog) has a 2 year old. We thought maybe Addison would play with him in the nursery while mom warmed up and played with the choir. Didn't really happen. As soon as I walked out of the nursery, she went nuts. I had to go back in, but eventually she let me put her down (doesn't always work that way) and she played with the rocking chair and a rocking horse. She was the only kid in there but she played hard for an hour straight. I had to stay in there, but I got some good pics out of it.


Said rocking chair. She looks so grown up!


Blue horse. She had lots of fun on that thing.




Klik (iPhone only, as of now)

I was surfing the web the other night and came across this app called Klik. It's a camera app that (supposedly) will ID the person you have in your cameras lens. It uses any accounts that you like up with it (Fb, Twitter, etc) and will search your photos and then search for the face on the screen. It worked fairly quickly for me (about 3 seconds). I tried it on Kat and it gave me the wrong person twice. It's a really new app and will need some time out on the market (it's free) to get the kinks worked out. It's the beginning of the end of privacy as we know it, but it's still a pretty cool app.

The pic that Klik recognized


A

A, as Kat and I refer to her in texts, hasn't been eating that well after we pick her up from daycare. She eats a little breakfast (her normal since about Dec) and then eats everything at daycare, but when she comes home to school after daycare, she won't eat anything. For a while there, she would eat the Gerber fruit bars and nothing else, but now, she doesn't want those either. There are these really cool waffles that we buy at Costco called Julian's Belgium Waffles. They are complete ready to eat of of the wrapper. No syrup needed (pre-sweetened). They are AMAZING. So, I tried one of those out for Addison the other day. Of course she loved it. Ate the whole thing. Developing that sweet tooth early.





Gotta love these Summer, Pre-Spring, days

I. Hate. This. Weather. It makes my kids think it's close to the end of school, when it reality, we still have over 2 months left. In our personal life, we haven't gotten Addison any summer clothes yet, you know, because it's still winter (on the calendar). Last night, A didn't have anything cool to wear so we put her in a T-Shirt her Grandmom got her in DC. Pics below.

She doesn't look to happy to be our future Leader of the Free World

A little happier.


Still loving the car, 6 days later!



Until next time, dear readers...



What my students do when I'm not at school






No comments:

Post a Comment